Who is REALLY an IT?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bellgamin, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Charlatans in IT clothing. That's what they're most likely to be. Where I work they have an IT team, and as far as I've seen their main function is installing printers, cables etc. Speak to them about security software and all you'll get is
    "Well we use McAfee so I just go along with that".
    Any fool that comes onto Wilders in the expectation of impressing anyone by
    waving some unauthenticated title is likely to get short-shrift, and rightly so.
    What one says is light years ahead of who one is, or claims to be.
    Ah, and then there's elitism.....but that's another story.

2. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Are you picking on me bellgamin because I say it alot? LOL...

Well I'm not IT by certifications and degrees, I'm just an IT Tech that works in the computer industry.

3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

That is so interesting, Bellgamin, I just happen to watch an intriguing attitude in some discussion.
    On a side note, but perhaps a helpful analogy: My neighbors have a sign in their yard from their church and yet they don't behave like Christians.
    And I know true Christians who don't attend church services.

It's fair to say that we all are attracted to computer technology and we probably tend to think that we gained significant qualities in this area.
    Anyone who gains qualities an any area, come to realize that his/hers skills are still limited, that others around him may complement his skills.
    When someone thinks that he/she will raise himself/herself by demeaning others, and acts on this, this person is demonstrating that qualities are absent.
    And then, like my neighbor does, a sign is used to compensate for that.

Thank you very much for your observation, Bellgamin! (now don't claim clairvoyant qualities yet!)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.