Who has received version 2.7 as an "automatic, component upgrade"?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JRCATES, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Just curious, but it seems that SEVERAL NOD32 users are using version 2.7. I'm still at 2.5, but I'm curious who has received it as an "automatic, component upgrade" versus those who didn't want to wait and manually upgraded.

Considering the length of time this process is taking (began in early November, and we're now about to enter February), I'm starting to think that if the "auto/component upgrade" hasn't been pushed out by the end of this week, that a manual upgrade may be in order here.......

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No one as far as I am aware, it will be pushed throughout Slovakia first and then English will be next, then it will roll on down the line after that...

I remained with v2.5 until late December (had not even had a peek at it until then) when I decided it was time to update the NOD32 Tutorial, at which point I uninstalled v2.5 and installed v2.7, capturing screenshots as I progressed. My wifes system remains on v2.5 and it will await the push by ESET as a "Program Component Upgrade".

Cheers :D

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I have already told that due to a bug in the updater we had to postpone the release of the Slovak PCU 2.7 which always goes first before any other language versions.

4. tanstaafl

tanstaafl Registered Member

Is there a written procedure for upgrading the LAN Update Server manually?

Thanks!

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

How many machines do you have protected by NOD32 ? Is this your Enterprise edition license or just multiple user license ? Generally you need to simply install the new version over the previous . Download from ESET's page here .

6. CrunchieBite

CrunchieBite Guest

That was exactly what we did without any problems. Installed the RAS and RAC using the keep "current settings option" where it was available. Then rebooted before installing the v2.7 client. One more reboot and we haven't had any major issues thus far!

7. JRCATES

Yeah, my patience is about to run out as well. This "upgrade" is ridiculously slow to develop. I'm kind of thinking this is about to become the butt of a lot of jokes....

So....speaking of "manual upgrades".....what exactly does a user of 2.5 need to do to upgrade to 2.7 (since the auto-component upgrade doesn't seem like it's going to happen)? Is there a thread about this? Perhaps someone could start one? Thanks....

8. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Simple: Uninstall 2.5, restart, delete Eset folders, install 2.7

Installing 2.7 over 2.5 should work too, but a clean install is recommended.

9. JRCATES

Thanks, Firecat....but I'd rather not "LOSE" all of Blackspear's settings, etc., though. Going through and getting the command line parameters set up correctly, etc. wasn't exactly a "fun filled evening" (and trust me, it was the better part of an evening)...:blink:

But that's exactly why I have been waiting for the auto-upgrade.....because I didn't want to lose the settings. But perhaps installing ON TOP OF the existing version is an idea I'll consider exploring. BUT....IF I DO......anything I should be made aware of going in? Like "disabling anything first", etc.?

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

There are numerous user comments in the below thread concerning "installing ON TOP OF" working flawlessly as stated by agoretsky in the announcement thead linked to below.

NOD32 Version 2.7 has been released

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.