who has a removal tool for trojan BDE?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by jenny, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenny

jenny Registered Member

Hi my name is Jenny and I'm from the netherlands so forgive if I don't spell everything good!
    My question is I have a trojan horse on my pc with the name BDE. He's always in the map LOCALS\Temp and infects .EXE maps?
    I don't get it out because i can't delete the file.
    Has anyone an idea how i can remove this?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The key to removing most Trojans is to first stop them from running, then delete the file or files associated with it. If you go into the task manager (ctrl-alt-del), can you see it running there? If so, stop it there and then try to delete the file.

Perhaps you could also give us so additional background... What version of Windows are you running? What product (anti-virus? anti-trojan?) told you that your system was infected with BDE?

There is also a program that you can download and run that will give you a lot of information about what is running on your system, and what programs (including trojans) are being started when you reboot...

You could try checking out both the running processes and the system startups using StartupList, available from here: http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

This program doesn't even install. You just download it and run it. (Well, technically you do have to unzip it first. ;) ) It gives you a text message with all your startup information in it. You can post that here and people can advise you regarding whatever looks suspicious.

3. Togg

Togg Guest

Could this be Brilliant Digitals' piece of spyware that comes with Kazaa? It is sometimes called BDE or B3d Projector and Spybot S&D will probably fix it.

I don't have the Spybot url handy but it's sure to be available elsewhere in Wilders org.

4. MegaHertz

MegaHertz Registered Member

5. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.