Who does nod32 operate in this situation (file locked only cleaned after reboot)??

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by strwberryiqourcake, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strwberryiqourcake

strwberryiqourcake Registered Member

HI There!

I get this problem now and then not often. And wonder how effective nod32 is in this type of situation. For example when I try to download the core temp application from alcpu.com/coretemp Nod32 kicks in. It says "a variant of Win32/InstallIQ potentially unwanted application, encountered by FireFox". So as a good boy I let Nod quarantine and disconnect. But then Nod says 'files to be cleaned were locked by another program, to clean reboot, reboot now?" So then I reboot.

So what happened here.

Firefox locked the file while it was downloading, so Nod 32 couldn't quarantine and delete it. Only after reboot can Nod delete the file. But between 'not able to clean the file' and 'reboot' This file could've done damage right?

I don't get how effective Nod32 is in such a situation, someone care to explain?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What version of OS and ESET NOD32 Antivirus do you use? Do you use any additional Firefox plug-ins that might affect the download, such as download managers?

3. strwberryiqourcake

strwberryiqourcake Registered Member

HI There!

I use Windows & 64 and firefox 8.0

Was my system compromised?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.