Whither Testing PrevX ??

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Longboard, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

The difference is one of degree, I admit. In one case, the vendor is initiating and sponsoring the study by paying the cost in its entirety and therefore has input on the parameters and methods of the test. In the other case, the vendor is participating in a study initiated by the testing organization, is only paying a fraction of the total cost (together with other vendors who are doing the same), and has little input on the conduct of the test.

The gist of my suggestion to Prevx was to consider the former approach, if it finds the testing methods of AV-Comparatives or AV-Test to inappropriately reflect the protection performance of the product, for example. The only disadvantage is the perception by some that paying the cost in total implies that the vendor "manipulated" the results. Again, if we're dealing with reputable testing companies, I personally think that risk is minimal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.