White Noise (Private conversations)

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by mjau, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjau

mjau Registered Member

I dont know where to post this but i try here.

White noise generators that makes survailence using laserpointed at you or bugs planted to here what your talking about is disrputed with white noise generators.

Now white noise generator are avaible in some form of mobile apps, and i wonder are they working like the mechanical white noise machines? I mean will it make a sound that will disprupter or make it impossible for survailence as bugs and lasers pointed at you and not able to hear what your saying because the app white noise is running on your cellphone?

Found one app stating this:

USES OF SIMPLYNOISE:

+ Sleep Aid
    + Enhance Privacy
    + Block Distractions
    + Soothe Tinnitus
    + Pacify Children and Pets
    + Soothe Migraines
    + Increase Focus
    + Melt Away Stress

2. chiraldude

chiraldude Registered Member

So white noise is sound that contains an even distribution of all audible frequencies. For just about any "bug" the result of playing white noise during a conversation would be to decrease the signal to noise ratio (SNR) of the recording.
    So here is the problem:
    If your ear can pick out the conversation over the white noise, so can anyone listening to the bug. If you can locate the white noise source closer to the bug than to the people talking, the white noise will be louder to the bug, SNR will be very low, ideally less than 1.
    Problem is that you don't know where the bug is. You also don't know how much your adversary has to spend on bugs and electronic filtering to clean up the recording. If the FBI, CIA, NSA, KGB, ETC... is listening, can you really be sure they can't filter the white noise out?

How about this:
    Imagine recording your own voice reading random garbage sentences. Then, record your voice over itself several times reading different things. Now you have created "noise" that is very similar to the conversation.
    Now, will this work if the three letter agencies are listening? Don't count on it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.