Which way for backingup?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sarutaro, Oct 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarutaro

sarutaro Registered Member

It seems that backup image can be created either by opening Acronis True Image program or rescue bootable disk. I have been backing up directly from TI program. It worked well without any problems in the past. I am wondering whether backing up from bootable rescue disk could be more potentially reliable because it minimizes the involvement of Windows OS. sarutaro

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I can only pass on my own experience of backing up with TI. I always backup from within Windows with all my usual antivirus, antispyware and firewall programs running. Furthermore I happily continue running the computer and downloading etc. while background imaging is taking place. I would not however install a new program or reboot whilst the backup is running. It works for me from a scheduled task and image creation has never been a problem.

3. noonie

noonie Registered Member

I preferr using the boot cd. The only true test is in an actual restore to another hdrive.

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

For every new version of TI and new builds that is exactly the test that I do. I take out my working HDD, put in a replacement drive, restore from the Acronis CD and then reboot . It gives me a warm glow of satisfaction when this proves that my chosen backup stratergy works each and every time.

Xpilot.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If there are errors reported when creating a backup image from within Windows, the Recovery CD approach is a better alternative. If there are no errors when creating an image in Windows, then that is fine and far more convenient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.