Which version to download ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Defenestration, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

After the recent impressive display in the latest av-comparatives on-demand testing (NOD's detection almost up there with KAV's now), I want to try NOD again but wasn't sure which version to download. I'm sure it was mentioned that the 64-bit version contained drivers for both 32 and 64 bit, and since this has the latest version number (2.51.:cool: I thought this would be the best one to try.

Am I correct, or should I just download the 32-bit version (2.50.25) ?

2. jg88swe

jg88swe Registered Member

Dosn't matter...

2.50.25 has the same protection as 2.51.9 ...

3. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Well like you said both will work but I use the 32bit one. No need for the 64bit on a 32bit system. :)

4. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

What do you mean by almost up there with KAV, what a silly remark that is, NODS detection has always been a step above KAV and according to the VB its won far more awards than KAV.

5. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

You're a fine one to talk about silly remarks considering the one you just made! If you actually knew what you were talking about I might listen to you, but you don't. VB awards tend to indicate a detection of all ITW viruses with no FP's, and not ZOO samples. While ITW virus detection is very important, ZOO virus detection is also very important and this is an area where NOD has previously been lacking.

If you had actually bothered to check av-comparatives for the last two on-demand tests (on which my original comment was based), you'd have seen that NOD has had a marked improvement in detection of Macro viruses, other malware, and OtherOS viruses/malware.

I rest my case.

jg88swe & beetlejuice69 - Thanks for the help guys.

6. jg88swe

jg88swe Registered Member

No problem...
    Lets not start a NOD32 vs KAV topic :)

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

As the original question was answered, this thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.