Which version of Media Player Classic to install?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I use MPC-HC with the Lav Filters and madVR renderer to give me the best quality and performance using my GPU

Now I am about to format and am wondering...I have 2 choices

1) Choice 1: MPC-HC v1.6.0.4014 which as not been updated since 30-Jan-2012 and I wonder, with so many BETAs of MPC-HC out since then, when the heck are they going to update the latest stable build version?

2) Choice 2: Install it from HERE -http://xhmikosr.1f0.de/index.php?folder=bXBjLWhj- , this site seems to update MPC-HC daily and I am not sure if these are stable builds or beta because they don't say they are beta but the thing is, it is time consuming to keep up with the updates as they update MPC-HC everyday!

Anyone could shed some light on the above ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
  2. Heimdall

Heimdall Registered Member

There are a lot of different builds around. I've switched to Pot Player with LAV/MadVR/MadFLAC/ffdshow for now but I used to get MPC-HC from Media Player Classic HomeCinema (x86/x64), 1.6.1.4193 along with ffdshow. I think you just have to find a build that you like and go with it.

Probably the best place to discuss this is Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) - DXVA!

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Final/Stable version is always posted on the homepage once in a few months, the rest is mainly for testing/fixing/adding new features, so they are beta/RC versions.

4. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

guess ill stick to MPC-HC v1.6.0.4014 then

thanks

5. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Too many versions of MPC-HC, it´s confusing. I always use the version bundled with the K-Lite codecs package, which is never identified as "beta" o "RC", but as a "build" with specific components included. Now it is at 1.6.1.4170.

6. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Just use K-Lite Codec Pack Full as it has MPC-HC, madVR and the LAV Filters. Be sure to use the expert install so you can opt out of the third-party programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.