Which security apps can I lose?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ChrisP, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

Checking my signature, which, if any security apps do you feel I could remove without significantly droppong my security and protection?

I have a license for SSM, but dont have it installed at the moment as there is a HIPS in A2 and I found SSM to be a drag on the speed of my PC.

Take it as a given that I wont be removing anything like Bestcrypt or EE as they represent almost no overhead on system resources and each performs a vital task.

I had thought about dropping MBAM or SAS - but fel SAS is probably the better complement to F-Secure. I like A2 4 Beta - as the Ikarus engine, although generating FPs, is very good at picking up unknown nasties.

F-Secure AV for Workstations 7, A-Squared 4, SAS Pro, MBAM, SuperAdBlocker, PowerShadow, Evidence Eliminator 6, Bestcrypt, Windows Firewall & NAT Router.

2. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Personally i feel asquared is not needed wit f-secure. About the mbam or sas, im in the same boat. You could ditch SAS 4 SAD n MBAM.

3. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Personally I would ditch A-squared, but that's just me....

4. divedog

divedog Registered Member

I would ditch evidence eliminator.

5. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

If I remove SAS and A2, leaving SAB and MBAM with F-Secure, Im assuming I will still have the same realtime protection from SAB as I had from SAS?

6. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Yeah, you'd be using an older engine but I don't think that would really be much worse.

7. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

Cheers for all the advice, I have removes A2 as it imposed the greatest overhead. I have Zemana AntiLogger now so happy not to have a HIPS as its data theft Im most concerned about.

All running quite quickly now.

8. GES/POR

Glad your all setup, now can i take over ---) Evidence Elimator, is it just as good as ccleaner or even better? Got a discount offer from Swreg so... was tempted n m looking into Zemana right now.

9. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

EE is better than anything else in my opinion in that it does more. Have used it for years and years and it works perfectly. I know several people who use it and all of them are 100% happy with is.

Discussing it here is a guaranteed way to get lots of misinformed people who have never used it tell you all sorts of unsubstanciated negative things about it - including "it does not work", "its a rogue app" and "it spreads viruses"

Anything negative you may be told about it here will be wrong and untrue.

10. GES/POR

Thanks Chris, i did c the discussion n didnt think much of it but i seemed 2 have misplaced my discount/email :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.