which online, none activex, scanner has the best detection rates?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by iceni60, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, can you tell me which online, none activex, scanner has the best detection rates? i want to scan my linux partition with it. thanks

2. chiawaikian

chiawaikian Registered Member

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Registered Member

Trend Micro that's using Java. It has best detection because there isn't any other good non ActiveX scanner.
    Why don't you get yourself a trial of lets say Kaspersky and test the machine?

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, chiawaikian and RejZoR. if Trend Micro's as good as i'll find i'll try that.

i might try KAV. i just installed eScan but it's disappeared, so i want to find that first. do you happen to know which command launches eScan? i've tried escan, microworld and webscan, i can't think of anything else at the moment.

5. nicM

nicM nico-nico

It's not an online only scanner, but Panda is free for Linux: did you try it?

:)

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i had a look at afew scanners when i frist got Ubuntu but no i don't think i tried Panda, i'll have alook. thanks.

7. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

trend micro probaly is the best online scanner

8. jim_k

jim_k Registered Member

There isn't an online version, but FRISK Software has a free version of F-Prot for Linux (home use only).

9. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Why do you want to scan your linux? :eek: Linux AV scanners only exist to scan files who get transported to Windows machines (when used as a mailserver for example).

Just don't use a root account when working on Linux, and maybe consider the SE-Linux to add extra protection: http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.