which one does not give problems

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by cet, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

I have been looking through the screenshot thread and I love the look of the docks at the bottom of the screen.From what I have read there are 3 commonly used;docky,AWN and cairo dock.Which one do you recommend?

2. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

The avant window navigator in the Lucid repos has given me no trouble and is certainly stable. With Karmic I did install from the PPA but I do not think it's really necessary in Lucid - unless of course the whole thing changes dramatically. There are more than enough applets to keep everyone happy and only one applet (that I don't need) doesn't work.

4. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Well since Lucid is LTS, its not a bad idea to keep the program updated via the ppa, currently its the latest but since these programs are in constant state of development, lots of stability fixes and new features are being constantly added.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

AWN has worked fine for me in the past. I have not yet used it with Lucid though, but I wouldn't expect any problems. Easy to use, and gets the job done.

6. Beavenburt

Beavenburt Registered Member

Docky all the way. Using it with gnome at the moment but have used it with openbox. It's been the least buggy and easiest to configure dock i've experienced. I know you're running gnome so a deffo thumbs up for Docky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.