Which one do you prefer for a personal laptop… IBM or APPLE?

Discussion in 'polls' started by sweater, Nov 29, 2005.

?

Which one do you personally prefer for a personal laptop... IBM or APPLE?

1. IBM laptop

88.9%
  2. Apple laptop

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    If we only have two choices for selecting our laptop for personal use which one do you prefer to buy.. A brandnew IBM Thinkpad or an Apple Mac? :rolleyes:

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I don't like laptops, but because the choice is limited, I would vote for the Apple Mac.
    As far as I know, IBM PC's were always mediocre compared with other brands of PC, so I wouldn't buy their laptop either.
    IBM is good in mainframes, not personal computers.

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Their Thinkpad laptops are very good and have had an excellent reputation over many years in the Business environment. Even the Home Thinkpads are very good quality. Overall, excellent build and very reliable but a little expensive for the features you receive. Recently taken over by Lenovo but supposedly not much change in production.

The Apple laptops are also excellent. Your choice may come down to which OS you like the best rather than the laptop.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

id go with IBM if its only because it runs Windows, but had i the choice id get neither

5. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Just about every customer satisfaction survey I've read for quite a few years going back, regarding laptops, IBM is pretty much sharing 1 and 2 spot, and visa versa, with Apple. Matter of fact this months PCWorld magazine did another big survey, and IBM/Lenovo got the number 1 spot. :D

Also their business PCs are rated very well. I think many people get muddied up by thinking of IBM PCs as...those...ugh..I can't say it..."Aptiva" models they sold at Radio Shacks and other cheap computer outlets. Similar to how Compaqs "Presario" line muddied up their reputation even though they were usually preferred in the business/corporate environment with their Deskpro/Proliant lines.

6. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    In their laptops ads... i was even thinking that IBM was designed for "serious" business like persons and Apple are for creative "artistic" minded people? :rolleyes: o_O

7. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Re: Which one do you prefer for a personal laptop… IBM or APPLE?

Yeah...I can agree with that. IBM has focused more on the business approach. Apple has always marketed more towards the Birkenstock Tofu crowd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.