Which offers best security for your files, My Lockbox or BitDefender Vault?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by razz, Mar 9, 2019.

1. razz

razz Registered Member

For some time I've been using My Lockbox to protect sensitive files (for those not familiar with My Lockbox, it accomplishes it's protection by hiding from view the folder you use for your sensitive files when it's in it's locked state).

Currently I am trying out the BitDefender Vault (part of their AV suite). As some of you know, when creating your vault (in an AV suite) you assign a Drive letter which is visible when the vault is open and not visible when the vault is locked.

Naturally both are password protected and I know for sure that files in the locked vault are well encrypted and I think files are encrypted, at least to some degree in the My Lockbox folder when in it's locked state.

My questions are: When locked, which of the two provides the best protection for your sensitive data and when unlocked, which is the most secure (if at all)? This assumes these are being used in the comfort of your own home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.