Which media player opens which files?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JRCATES, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I know that there are "default" settings for media players to play certain media files....and for the less knowledgeable PC users like myself that is a good thing. EXCEPT...when a newly installed product (i.e. - Nero 6) "assumes" default status for some file types during installation.

OK, here's the exact thing I am referring to. I have Limewire, and before installing Nero, if I had a media/video clip downloaded that I wished to view, Windows Media Player would open the file. Now, however, Nero is the default media player!

So how can I change that, and check to see which player opens up? And make the changes that I would like? One nice feature in RealPlayer during installation, is that it "recaps" what player is assigned to what. I would like to find something like that for my current configuration.....

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

open WMP, and go to tools > options > file types. there u can check which file types it will play but unlike quicktime or realplayer or even winzip it will not automatically check its file type associations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.