Which Mail-Client are u using folks?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tommy, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Export _all_ your messages from POCO into one standard 'unix mail format' file (mbox). Those you can import with TheBat!

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Don't think there's another way other then exporting as EML. :rolleyes:
    PocoMail stores its messages in an MBX-file, so unless The Bat offers importing that format, there's no other way I know of. :doubt:

Mailbag Assistant or Aid4Mail can assist you better with it, although it's not free. It converts your messages to EML.
    Maybe Ritlabs forum can assist you better with that migration, so good luck with it. :)

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Yep, that works too, although you'll have to do it folder by folder. :doubt:

4. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Yep, but there is no faster possibility than this one in the moment. Hopefully POCO can export to mbox.

5. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

You don't have to export to mbox. Change the mbx extension to mbox, that's all. :cool:

6. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

nice :)

7. Rui

Rui Registered Member

Tommy and Eldar

Thank you very much for your fast and kind answers.
    Maybe I will give The Bat! a try.
    @ Eldar: how do you compare PocoMail and The Bat! and why do you work with both?
    Thanks again.
    Best regards
    Rui

8. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

You're welcome Rui. ;)
    The Bat does offer a trial period, so it should give you an insight how it works.
    I love Poco/Barca, but bought The Bat some time ago during my search for an email client and upgraded afterwards. I only use it for my work, because I need intact HTML when replying, which Poco can't at present and perhaps it never will. :p

The Bat does offer lots of features, some I'll never use, and isn't so easy to start with. It's a powerful email client, but I'm hooked to Barca.
    Both have their strong points and their weaknesses, but the most important for me is that these are really secure. :D

9. Rui

Rui Registered Member

Eldar

Thank you very much again!
    Best regards
    Rui

10. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

My pleasure Rui.
    Hope you'll find the one you like. ;)

11. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

You are welcome. If you need help with TheBat! don't hesitate to ask me. If you can read 'German' give this Page a try.

12. Rui

Rui Registered Member

I have been using PocoMail since 2003 and I like it a lot. Even if I am sticking with version 3.4, because of the problem version 4 has concerning the sorting of the address book (not showing in the first place all VIPs). It is a pity this question was not solved, at least to the best of my knowledge.

Thank you very much for your offer, Tommy. I have already visited the site and it has a very nice presentation, as well as plenty of valuable information. Congratulations!
    I began giving The Bat! a try, but I doubt it very much that its nice eatures will convince me to switch to it and ditch PocoMail. Anyway, it is a terrific mail client, too.

Best regards

Rui

13. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Thanks, makes a lot of work this page, but for luck i have 2 Co-Webmaster.

Let's say it this way. If you don't have to manage at least 5 diferent e-mail accounts, are not a power e-mailer with a lots of e-mails a day, don't need for each adress a different sheat, your database has only about some hunderd emails, etc. you won't have to switch to TheBat! There are several very good mail clients out there which fit common needs.

14. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The free and excellent, Thunderbird... ;)

You can take a look at this review: BEST E-MAIL CLIENT

15. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

I guess you're talking about accessing the address books when clicking on To:/CC:/BCC:.
    It still needs some work, but it's getting better with every build.

You can also rightclick in To:/CC:/BCC:, select 'Insert VIP Contact' to show all your VIP's, from where you can select the one you want. :cool:
    If you need more help/information with Poco, visit our Forum and I'll be happy to help you with your questions.

I also agree with Tommy about The Bat. If you're not a power user, you certainly don't need it. ;)

16. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Yahoo mail

17. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Good marketing :D
    Do you work for POCO?

18. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Close, I'm a Poco Forums moderator. :D ;)

19. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

HaH :D
    Is Dieter Hummel still doing the German distribution?

20. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Don't know him, I also I don't have access to PSI distribution lists or plans. :doubt:

To take the topic back on track, there's also another free one named DreamMail. :)

21. tristantzara

tristantzara Registered Member

I'm using The Bat!
    because of security and features..

22. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Im trying out pegasus mail.Tried it ages ago and found it a bit difficult to setup.However i thought id try again as it has a spam filter now.Ive set it up ,but theres some quirks that i cant seem to find an answer too.For example it keeps saying i have new mail and downloading the same email.How do i stop it doing that without deleting from the server.Also if anyone knows for a decent tutorial id be grateful.I looked everywhere for a start with windows option but i gess there isnt one other than manually placing a shortcut in startup menu?
    ellison

23. diginsight

diginsight Security Expert

I've been using Becky for the last six years. At work I recently started using Outlook 2003. At home I'm preparing to migrate from Becky to Outlook, because Outlook can be integrated with my PDA. I don't want to use two seperate programs for Contacts and E-mail. Using Outlook for Contacts and E-mail also offers nice integration with Agenda and Tasks.
    I'm still considering keeping Becky for reading mailing lists, because it supports threading.

24. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i recently started using thunderbird for getting my yahoo email. honestly tho, i mostly use it to report spam to knujon. my yahoo address is a spam supermagnet :D

i like thunderbird because of its extensions and themes. its builtin junk filter is neat too.

25. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

Gave this a try (non installer version) and liked it until I found out that it doesn't suppory IMAP, shame.

Cheers El

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.