which is the lightest browser?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mr mister, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Yes Opera is very safe and fast. But try Chrome with these start parameters: -disable-java -disable-javascript. Theres nothing faster at the moment.

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I seem to be having some issues with Opera that i didn't have, when it was my main browser.
    It seems to be slower than Iceweasel (Firefox) opening pages. What it looks like is that it renders with the same speed, but it gets the page later. Am i making sense? It's like i'm surfing with a proxy :/

Is there something to switch off? Is is that Haute S. stuff? I'm going to dig a bit, but i appreciate any help.

Edit: forget it, now that i'm testing it, it's going just as fast. How am i supposed to know what's going on heh.

3. Arup

Arup Guest

Pedro,

Turn off Haute Secure malware scanning and also uncheck look for local files in server name completion and Opera would be as fast if not faster. On my x64 Ubuntu, x64 Opera just flies.

4. progress

progress Guest

Avant browser comes with integrated AdBlock + many AdBlock entries! That's an advantage for the average user :shifty:

But I think it is as insecure as IE, am I right? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.