which is the best registry cleaner ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by P>R>O, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Regseeker and Regvac both made mistakes on my PC. i've said this before, it seems i'm the only one who has had problems with them.

Registry cleaners that work fine for me are Ccleaner, the last freeware version of JV16, MS's RegClean and Menu Cleaner, they are all freeware. shareware ones i like are Registry Mechanic and RegSupreme.

i always make backups, and if i was going to use Regseeker i would only remove the green coded items, not the red.

2. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I agree, iceni60. The ones I highlighted in bold are what I am using, and both have worked very well for me (knock on wood - LOL). One really nice thing about Registry Mechanic 5 is that it AUTOMATICALY creates a restore point before it removes anything (so you can restore single entries that it removes, or the entire selection). It also provides an aweful lot of detail (exact path, etc.), and a severity rating as well. CCleaner is very effective as well, and I also choose to make a back-up when using CCleaner. Both are fast and thorough registry scanners as well...so I'm pretty pleased with that combo thus far.

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.