which is better and stronger ? proccesguard or Safe'n'Sec

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by maxc, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxc

maxc Guest

which is better and stronger ? proccesguard or Safe'n'Sec

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

maxc,

It is important to appreciate better and stronger may be mutually exclusive based on user experience.

ProcessGuard provides an ability to control the execution and execution characteristics of any application on your PC. That is both the source of its strength and weakness - strength in the sense of a high level of customizability and control, weakness in the sense that even advanced users may not have the detailed knowledge to approrpiately respond to some of the alerts issued by PG.

SafenSec tends to cover a much narrower range of applications, but augments it by including a behavioral component. Rather than forcing approval of all application execution (which is mitigated in PG by the initial learning period where this is automatic), SnS monitors for a subset of key behaviors that the developer has defined as likely to be employed by a malicious program. For example, certain registry edits (insertion or deletion of an autostart entry) or file manipulations (deletion/edit of file in the Windows Windows/system32 folders) are trapped for approval or blocking by SnS when they occur, while it does not flag the launch of each and every new application.

In my personal opinion, SnS and similar applications are a better solution for typical users, while applications such as PG can be profitably used by fairly advanced users. On my home PC's, where I am the support person for a family of typical casual users, I use SnS simply because I find it a better match to their experience and knowledge base.

Blue

3. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I agree with Blue but for me I wouldn`t be without PG. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.