Which is best - current v10 or new v11?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mlagrange, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlagrange

mlagrange Registered Member

Hello - I'm loading up a new laptop, and trying to decide which way to go regarding TrueImage. I'm seeing a lot of "issues", and wondering if it would be better to stick with my version 10 (with the latest update), or upgrade to v11

Any opinions?

Thanks

Mark

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Check out V10 and if it works go no further. V 10 seems to have a lot more compatablity than V11 and it is not overburdened with the V11 dross.

Xpilot

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

ATI10 and ATI11 don't all work with the same ardware setups. ATI10 works on some that ATI11 won't and vice versa.

ATI11 has lots of bugs that might not matter to you -- you can try it for free. However, if ATI10 is working for you. I'd wait a few more months and see what Acronis comes up with for fixed ATI11 or a new ATI12.ATI11 will be a year old around September and Acronis has been releasing new versions roughly annually.

4. mlagrange

mlagrange Registered Member

Ok, I'm sticking with v10

Thanks for your replies

Mark

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Be sure to boot from the Rescue CD and validate an image you have made while running the Rescue CD. If you can't, then version 10 doesn't support your hardware and you will need a BartPE boot disk, a VistaPE boot disk or possibly version 11.

Backing up is easy. It's restoring that counts.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Otoh, ati10 works on some setups that ati11 won't so, if you have 11, you might need 10 ;) Bart and Vista PEs are good ways to get around the bootCD problems, imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.