Which Do You Think Offers the Better Security, All in one or separate Applications?.

Discussion in 'polls' started by AnthonyG, Jul 21, 2006.

?

Which Do You Think offers The best Security Protection

1. All In One Application Setups

10 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Separate Applications from different software makers for each purpose

118 vote(s)
    90.8%
  3. Separate Applications from the same software maker for each purpose

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I preffer separate security applications. I don't like those all-in-one products.

2. Antus

Antus Registered Member

I firmly believe separate application is the best in my opinion. I use for my firewall 8Signs, my antivirus is AVG, my spware is Adware. The bottom line is what works best for you:D

3. incursari

incursari Registered Member

Re: Which Do You Think Offers the Better Security, All in one or separate Application

Me too, i dont like all in one security applications. I prefer to run separate security applications.

4. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Re: Which Do You Think Offers the Better Security, All in one or separate Application

Well, I'm am advocate of multiple separate packages. Free or not pick the "best" of breed check out potential conflicts by using trial versions and visiting their forums in avanceto see how many bugs people are complaining about.

One clue is use a siteadvisor on the vendor web page if it comes up RED strike it off your list. Check out the rogue site list.

On spyware no one package gets them all so use at least 2 of them. One active, say Spysweeper ( pay for it $20.00) and then once a week or so use a good freebie say Spybot S&D or AdWare freebee.

You get what you pay for.

5. Fencing

Fencing Registered Member

i see most people agree with me about different stuff...

u can't expect one manufacturer to have the whole game on lock :rolleyes:

problem with a combination is they often conflict and detect each other as trojans *lol

6. King FN Kong

King FN Kong Registered Member

i never believed in all in one apps/suites. not only with security but also with multimedia etc...

7. progress

progress Guest

I think nowadays All In One Application Setups are able to offer better security than many different tools :doubt:

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Wow, nice thread resurrection!
    Some All in One solutions are good but some not
    I prefer going for the separate applications way :D

9. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I went from using sep programs to using suites my self. For my setups and how things work in my environment there is just alot less headache this way. The sad part is suites are actually doing a decent job where before you would have to set up your own security just to be secure.

Right now my choice is using NIS and Prevx both run well together and have done well in this environment.

10. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Now THIS is thread necro'ing, lol. I think these days both stand-alone apps and suites have come far enough that it's really up to the user. Stand-alones end up causing more conflicts than suites, but suites can be rendered insecure in one fell swoop. There's good and bad to both of them.

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

All in One suites are more like set and forget
    While stand alone takes time and patience, and lots of customization for people that likes them :D

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  12. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Different applications for different purposes:)

13. icr

icr Registered Member

all separate from separate vendors:thumb:

14. guest

guest Guest

@Security software:

Divide your security on layer types and prefer separate applications from different companies to fulfill each layer.

But make sure you never install junk, read reviews and ask for opinions before you install anything. Use freewares whenever possible, only going to commercial versions when big advantages exist and after using all trial options.

@General-purpose software:

If you use Windows 7, you should use all that is possible to use of it, only going to third-party software when you really can't get a similar feature from the OS.

When going to third-party, prefer separate freeware applications that are regularly maintained with good reviews backing them up.

15. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Separate Applications from different software makers for each purpose.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.