Which AV zonlab use ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Murtadh, Oct 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murtadh

Murtadh Guest

Hi

I read about the new " ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 6.0 " and it had a good sound in the web and some magazines and good number of awards, and I wand use It in my PC but I want to know which AV Zonlab use ?? if the AV came from a good company I will use it .

Thanks
    Murtadh

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Zone Labs have licensed Computer Associates' Vet Antivirus engine.

This AV engine is also used in eTrust EZ Antivirus, which has a good record of detecting ITW viruses. Zoo malware detection however is not too hot.

However, if you are a low-risk surfer then this AV should be more than adequate.

3. Murtadh

Murtadh Guest

Thanks Blackcat for your replay

I think I will forgeted because I am not low-risk surfer, and I want an excellent programme and strong one like kaspersky or nod

Thanks
    Murtadh

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

These two are better choices for higher risk surfers ;)

5. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

I agree with Blackcat. Personally I've tested eTrust EZ Antivirus a long time and using it at an old system, wich my girlfriend use to send e-mails and write letters. It's a very nice product, with regular updates (at least 5 a week). It's barly using system recourses too. Since ZoneAlarm AV uses the same engine, they should preform equal, but I can't tell you whenever ZA-AV is using the official download servers (for updates) or their own mirrors. This might be a issue with reaction times...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.