Which AV version for Windows 2003 server ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by polysys, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polysys

polysys Registered Member

Hello all,

Recently i have found myself banging my head against a brick wall. Basically i have been running Windows 2003 server standard edition as a stand alone workstation (abiet relatively unpatched and unupdated for some time). Dont ask why but it has just "worked" and satisfied me until obviously a trojan/virus has come along and has just denied me access to the internet, and is trying to f@(% with my MBR/BIOS on start up.

I find it very frustrating that every single AV program out there considers my computer a "server" and requires "different" software when in theory the standard xp version would work just fine.

So what version of NOD should a single home user who runs an older version of Win 2003 server standard edition consider ?

Cheers - K

2. PRJUS

PRJUS Registered Member

Hi!

Well - you have to buy one of the Business Editions to be able to install it on a server and that is a minimum of 5 licenses. The Home editions won't work.

It does however not care whether you install it on 5 servers, 5 workstations or a mixture of those two.

/Preben

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Yep - business only when you have a Server OS - which means 5 seats minimum.

4. polysys

polysys Registered Member

Cheers guys, i suspected that would be the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.