Which AV in Hitman bundle to go with Sandboxie?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by justenough, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justenough

justenough Registered Member

I wasn't using a real-time AV, depending on good sense and Sandboxie, but I trusted a game company demo and a trojan got in. So much for the good sense part of the equation.

Hitman Pro offers bundles with Nod32, Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5, and Prevex. I have tried them and they run fine on my system. Since I am using Sandboxie, I don't feel I need a heavy-duty AV. Light and fast but capable would be best. I just started using EAM5 as on-demand, along with Hitman Pro and MBAM. At the moment I have Prevx and MSE running together, seems ok.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

If you must choose from those, I would pick Prevx. I would comment why, but then then thread will be locked.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Since you have Hitman Pro already, why not go with one outside the bundle such as Avast or Avira?

4. justenough

Clocks, thanks for the suggestion and for not saying why. I guess this topic is close to A vs B, but I hope that asking for specific criteria such as light and used with Sandboxie would make it ok.

The Hammer, I don't have the paid Hitman Pro, and I know the 3 bundled AVs have a good reputation. I am certainly open to using an AV other than what is in the bundles, and I have tried Avast and Avira and they both worked on my system. My only hesitation there is that there was a thread here about them sending information to Google, if I understood it right. And I don't mind paying for an AV that would go best with my setup.

5. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

Seems OK , :D :thumb:

6. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

If a light yet effective AV is the criteria,they don't come lighter than Prevx.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I believe the vendors in question explained the nature of the info being sent if any, in that thread. Perhaps someone who knows where to find it could PM you with the link so as not to derail this thread further. Then you can read and decide for yourself. Look at my sig and you'll know which way I went. If I remember correctly it became rather long.

8. justenough

I will track down that thread, looks like I only read part of it before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.