which antimalware kills wannacry

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by garry35, Jul 1, 2017.

1. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

which antimalware kills wannacry and its variants preferably free but paid if its worth it ?

2. itman

itman Registered Member

3. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

As far as I know, they all do now. The most important thing, however, is to keep Windows current. I note Microsoft released patches to prevent Wannacry and the latest ransomeware threat BEFORE the threats went into circulation.

For the record, I use Windows Defender as built into W8 and W10 on all my systems.

4. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

if any serious malware hit your computer -> use image or start from scratch.
    removal is futile as you can not trust your system any longer, it is still vulnerable as long you dont know how it hit your system.

wannacry is a smb vulnerability and was fixed. there is no need for crowded security, just prevent intrusion for the common path like browser, documents/files from unknown/untrusted sources, pre-scan.

ofc the most antivirus can catch such exploits there is no need to install some of them - unless your click anything under your mouse pointer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.