Which anti-virus soft can run in xp64bit at 64 mode?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hlc, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hlc

hlc Registered Member

Which anti-virus soft can run in xp64bit at 64 mode?I used nod 2.518,but it just run at 32mode in xp64bit,and it consumes larger memories than running in xp 32bit..I want to know if other anti-virus soft can run at real 64mode under the xp64bit o_O o_O

So large,isn't it?

Attached Files:

• a.JPG
      a.JPG
      File size:
      13.4 KB
      Views:
  2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Why rewriting entire software when it's enough to just modify drivers?
    You won't really benefit that much when running in pure x64 mode.

3. gigaman

gigaman Guest

If compiled and running in 64bits, it would use even more memory than now, with questionable benefits.

4. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

Have you tried Avast! yet on your x64 system? In my trials with various AVs I found Avast! to run the best on my x64 system and used the least amount of ram. However it is still the same situation as you mentione with x32 application and x64 drivers. However this works perfectly on x64 and I am unsure how much an improvement one could expect running a natively compiled x64 version. As far as I know, there are currently no native x64 AVs around but again Avast! runs excellent on my system, Athlon64 Mobile 3200+ with 1.25gb Ram.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.