where to get microsofts java vm

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bethrezen, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

i need to know where i can find microsofts java vm coz i need it to run jap the trouble with geting it off the jap sight is that it installs all the other bits like the development tool and the like which i dont need i only need the vm the bit that comes pre installed with windows my trouble is that when i reinstalled my system the last time java wasnt installed

Help

2. root

root Registered Member

I thought M$ quit supporting JAVA with the advent of XP. Can you not download Sun JAVA 1.4 and use it?

3. Bethrezen

hi root

i though about doin that but the trouble is i dont know what i need to download coz there are several downloads avalable

i have an idea do you know a sight that needs java to run coz if i go to a sight that needs java to run i will get a lil popup box askin me if i wanna download java form microsoft at least if i do it that way i know ill be geting the right thing

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

5. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hi,

As you maybe know, due to some problems with SUN, M$ does not offer the VRM on its sites any longer.

You may d/l it here : http://gerard.lyannaz.free.fr/tips/progs/pack_java.htm

AFM the Sun Java is not yet fully compatible with XP : I got problems with some sites.

Cheers,

6. Bethrezen

hi jack

thanks for the link

FanJ the link you provided was the first place i tryed and its not listed thats why i posted here

hi got it sorted now thanks for ya help

7. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

you can get a lot of good stuff from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.asp?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.