Where to buy

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Bille1, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bille1

Bille1 Registered Member

I have an aversion to buying anything as a download ever since Symantic screwed me on a online renewal of a product bought at Hardley Normal.

I emailed ESET from their site 25/2/08 the questions below, never received a reply.

I am currently evaluating Nod32 as a Trial Version, currently Version 2.7.

(a) Is the Trial Version crippled in anyway?

(b) Is there any operational difference/advantage to use Version 3?

(c) If we buy a license at the end of the Trial do we download from the ESET site again?

(d) I have never purchased software off the WWW, is Nod32 available from retailers in Western Australia?

(e) If we buy a license and subsequently have a major crash which requires reformat etc, do we have to purchase again or will the same license activate a fresh download of Nod32?

As it appears that ESET can't be bothered answering or is AVOIDING answering my original email can anyone assist with answers to these other questions?

(f) Can NOD32 be bought over the counter in Perth?

(g) If so where?

(h) How much?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

A) It is not crippled at all as far as functionality goes. The only thing is, it will work just like the paid version for 30 days. After that, it won't receive updates any longer, but will still function normal.

B) I would have to say this is user preference. Version 3 offers a new GUI and some additional features unique to 3. But, if you should choose to use v2.7, it will provide the protection you need with the classic interface.

C) If it is working properly, you should be able to upgrade to the paid version without having to redownload it. But if you do have to, you would download it from eset's website again.

D) There are resellers available all over the world, and a few in Australia for sure. Here is a link to some Partners listed in Australia: http://www.nod32.com.au/default.html.
    It is recommended to purchase your licenses from your local reseller, but you can purchase them from anybody you choose.

E) Once you have your license purchased, you are set for the duration of your license. meaning, if your system crashes, you would simply need your username and password again and redownload. You will have unlimited access to download the software for the duration of your license.

For F,G and H I am sorry but I do not have an answer for you. I am not aware of who sells the software over the counter since most transactions are done via online.

I hope that helps you :)

3. RonBos

RonBos Registered Member

Hi Capp,

Am I right in concluding that there is no option to (online) buy NOD32 directly from Eset?

That would be very strange, to say the least. Most of the software that I've bought in the past, I could order directly from the developer's site (or I was automatically re-directed to an online ordering site).
    When I select "Buy" on the Eset web site, I'm re-directed to the Dutch Eset site, where only a long list of shops (most of them unknown by me) is shown.

I wonder why they make it so difficult for people to buy their products.

Cheers,

Ron

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

RonBos, Eset sells directly - their website is easy to find as is their online store.

I think it's easy - not difficult. They offer online purchase of downloadable product and offer a backup CD as an option if you want to have a physical CD (which I can't for the life of me understand, as they release a new installer regularly - your CD will be out of date within the month).

Your username/password is valid for download of the latest installer as long as the license is valid still - that would be preferable to me.

The geographic redirection is because various countries have distributor arrangements in place - this is very similar to the car industry - you don't buy a Ford from the main Ford company -you purchase it locally from a reseller under that local country's distributor (which in most cases is owned by the main company in cars - but NOT in all Eset distributor cases).

This model protects the investment made by the local distributors and resellers in the product and it's support - you should try to purchase from those that help you get the product into your country!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.