Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bgtufca, Oct 19, 2006.
Re: Wher is the name?
You seem to have lots of worms on your desktop ...
Stop downloading nasties? That would be a start...
I think he means that the Zhel.629.EXE file inside the Zhel.629.rar file is detected, but there is no virus name is displayed in the big red warning screen. For example, is it Win32/something, VBS/something, something picked up by heuristics...?
By the way, viruses inside of archives (.rar, .zip, ...) are not deleted automatically. The .rar file is not deleted automatically, either. This is because NOD32 does not know what other data may be inside the .rar file (there could be good data), so it leaves the decision up to the user whether the entire .rar file should be deleted.
He may be downloading nasties to test antivirus programs.
I would suggest you perform full scan and reinstall later .
Perform full scan
Reinstall NOD32 using the following instructions:
1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 for your correct operating system
Full paid version
2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32
4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET
5) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
Use Typical settings
6) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nodkrn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD
7) Configure NOD32 as shown here
8 ) Enjoy
Separate names with a comma.