Where is "backup policy" choice???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dbissett, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbissett

dbissett Registered Member

The ver10 manual describes "backup policy" options, i.e. you can select how many incremental/differential backups will be done and then the computer will automatically do another full image/backup. I can't find this option anywhere actually in the software wizard. Is it there? Where? Thanks.

Dave

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Try View and select Common Tasks Bar. Then from Pick A Category, select Backup Locations.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

When you are inthe Baclup Wizard where you choose a location to which to backup, you have to select a Backup Location for those choices to be offered. It won't happen ifyou merely select the directory form the diretory tree -- you have to select the location from under "Backup Locations" on the tree.

4. JD Racer Dad

JD Racer Dad Registered Member

I have ver 11 build 8,053 and can't seem to find the place to limit the backups before repeating.
    I had it set at ten before trying to fix an intermittent stopping problem which now seems to be ok.
    But can't figure out to get this setting back.
    I have the location quota as 400 GB with about 70 GB being backed up.
    I have maximum number as 100, is the the one I should set as 10?
    JD

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

When you create/edit a Backup Location, you can set limts for number, size or age of files.

When you create task and specify a Backup Loacation as the target, you can specify the number fo incs/diffs before you get a new full is created.

6. JD Racer Dad

JD Racer Dad Registered Member

Thanks Shieber, When I am making a new task it does not give the option.
    It did before I made the changes sent to me by Acronis to fix the intermittent stops.
    JD

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.