Where is "backup policy" choice???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dbissett, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbissett

dbissett Registered Member

The ver10 manual describes "backup policy" options, i.e. you can select how many incremental/differential backups will be done and then the computer will automatically do another full image/backup. I can't find this option anywhere actually in the software wizard. Is it there? Where? Thanks.

Dave

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Try View and select Common Tasks Bar. Then from Pick A Category, select Backup Locations.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

When you are inthe Baclup Wizard where you choose a location to which to backup, you have to select a Backup Location for those choices to be offered. It won't happen ifyou merely select the directory form the diretory tree -- you have to select the location from under "Backup Locations" on the tree.

4. JD Racer Dad

JD Racer Dad Registered Member

I have ver 11 build 8,053 and can't seem to find the place to limit the backups before repeating.
    I had it set at ten before trying to fix an intermittent stopping problem which now seems to be ok.
    But can't figure out to get this setting back.
    I have the location quota as 400 GB with about 70 GB being backed up.
    I have maximum number as 100, is the the one I should set as 10?
    JD

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

When you create/edit a Backup Location, you can set limts for number, size or age of files.

When you create task and specify a Backup Loacation as the target, you can specify the number fo incs/diffs before you get a new full is created.

6. JD Racer Dad

JD Racer Dad Registered Member

Thanks Shieber, When I am making a new task it does not give the option.
    It did before I made the changes sent to me by Acronis to fix the intermittent stops.
    JD

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.