where in windows is creative's user defined settings file located?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

where in windows is creative's user defined settings file located?
    where am i supposed to look @ to find the user defined settings save file of creative sound card's equalizer settings? i wanna transfer my old settings for eq to my other os.
    thanks.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

If your card's default, check audio settings in cp, card properties in devmgmt or the audio console in your Creative folder.

Could be easy as bring'in up your volume icon and selecting one of the various modes - gotta be one of these locations.

3. kasom01

kasom01 Registered Member

Hi,

these settings are stored in a .DAT file which should be located on your System drive (C:\) in the folder:

ProgramData\Creative\CADI\Preset

My file has the name PCI_BUS1102-5-311102-CC00U.dat , but I think this depends on what type of Soundcard you have. In my setup, there is only one file in that folder anyway.

It is not a text file so you can not just open it to read, but you can easily verify if you found the right one.

Just close you Creative Console. Then rename the file and start the console again. If your custom Equalizer settings are gone and a new file is automatically created in the Preset folder, you found the right one. Just delete the new file and rename your old one back to original, that's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.