Where in the World????

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Cochise, Sep 10, 2003.

?

Where in the World are you all at? Vote, but Please Reply with some specifics, too..

1. Africa

62 vote(s)
    1.8%
  2. Antarctica

12 vote(s)
    0.3%
  3. Asia/EurAsia

483 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. Australia/Oceania

222 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Europe

1,146 vote(s)
    32.5%
  6. North America

1,497 vote(s)
    42.4%
  7. South America

60 vote(s)
    1.7%
  8. The Islands of the World

49 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

Arigatō, snowbound - I came here for the Ewido 4 beta, but I may stay on after the beta is over.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Update :
    I moved recently to another suburb of Antwerp, called "Borgerhout", which can be translated as "Borgerwood" :D

3. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Can I take it you mean 'Hop Country'......like Kent?..........You will have to spell it out Dave otherwise the Foreigners here will have no idea what your talking about........:D :D :D

Don't mention Bird-Flu......otherwise everyone will start sneezing....plays Hell with the Monitor....

Big Big Welcome by the way.....

Cochise. Kissing cockerels in Cirencester.....(I just don't care)...

4. laicone

laicone Registered Member

China(Asia),hei~:doubt:

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Welcome to Wilders laicone. :)

snowbound

6. Untamed913

Untamed913 Registered Member

I'm in hot and humid San Antonio, Texas, U.S.A. Quite a shock after living in beautiful San Diego, California (America's Finest City) almost all my life. Wasn't prepared for the humidity, mountain-less, ocean-less, land-locked scenery and, especially, not the huge flying cockaroaches! Scary! The mosquitos are practically microscopic and you don't hear the little buggers, but they sure as heck bite the heck outta you! I feel like I'm living in a foreign country right in the middle of the Good Old U.S. of A! San Antonio does have some redeeming qualities - green and lush and land/housing is still fairly affordable. Anyway, for hobbies, I ride a Harley. Am soon to be 52 years old - look late 30s to early 40s and have been told I'm a dead-ringer for Natalie Wood or Paula Abdul - go figure (guess it depends upon the age of the person looking...lol). Anyway, I think my youthfulness must be due to riding the Harley and 15 years of ballet and gymnastics. Will be a grandma for the 2nd time this July. Anyway, glad I found this site, as I need help! lol

7. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Anyone who looks like Natalie Wood has got my vote......:D

You don't happen to have long blonde hair that flows in the wind as you ride your Harley on some desert Highway do you.....(Neil Young Song)...;)

Welcome Untamed913....

AND WELCOME EVERYONE ELSE:D :D :D :thumb:

Cochise.

8. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Jeez Cheez,........It's shameless the way you flirt!....I'm tellin!!

I've got a secret, Blabby ed

Ps.....oh yeah.....Welcome one an all!!

9. Sch1sm

Sch1sm Guest

I'm an 18 year old Security Enthusiast from the depths of the Scottish Highlands and have been interested in Windows Workstation and Network Security for around a year or so.

It all began when i curiously purchased a book entitled "A Complete Hackers Handbook" by Dr K http://www.spy.org.uk/drk. I recommend you purchase it from Amazon.co.uk or your local Ottakers / Waterstones bookstore, it's a worthwhile read and only £10.
    It certainly allowed me to look "over the fence" and truly understand the motives behind the users who comprimise and indeed make a living from security related threats such as malware and spyware. More and more i was beginning to see how Security has evolved from a by-gone after-thought to a cornerstone of modern Computing as a whole. Make it what you will, it's here to stay.
    I wish to make it clear that i don't hack for malicious purposes, nor will i offer my skills for money, and no, i don't accept Viargra as a bartering tool. I also wish to make it clear that under no circumstances do i condone malicious hacking in any way, and if you're silly enough to do it yourself, make sure you've prepared a good enough escape route online and don't get caught. Then again you probably will in the end.

I'm curently involved with many on-the-shelf magazine communities including Custom PC Magazine, The Official Microsoft Windows XP Magazine and Windows IT Pro, all of which i full enjoy contributing too. Well, perhaps until the Mac vs. PC debates begin again, then certainly comment can become personal. This is the Internet. It isn't reality. Or something to that effect although i daresay the Internet will continue to expand until you can browse the BBC's website from the relaxing surroundings of your bath. Duck in water. Bubbles upon liquid. Champagne in hand. Bliss.

But enough of said talk. I fully hope to contribute enough useful information on this website, that fully began as a past-time, hence the title, and allow end-users like yourselves to protect your Computer and your privacy against malware. I currently use Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Service Pack 2 and Novell SUSE Linux 10.1

:)

10. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

Hello, and Welcome! :)

Do you really live on Nauru Island, or is it just your website...? ;)

11. wormvirus

wormvirus Registered Member

Beijing,China

12. JosephWang

JosephWang Registered Member

Beijing, China

Rising Corporation, blah blah blah

13. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

How 'Smooth' is this.......I have people from just about every corner of this World right here on my Monitor.......and all with the same basic interest....ain't Technology a wonderful piece of kit?..........And, If I may be so bold.........

HELLO AND WELCOME TO EVERYBODY ON BEHALF OF PAUL WILDERS.

Cochise, Amazed in Amarillo.....

PS. Don't ya just love it?..

14. wormvirus

wormvirus Registered Member

Faint!!

I worked in this Corporation nearly 40 days last year.

15. betzy

betzy Registered Member

Hello guys betzy here from Perth Scotland Uk .This forum looks fun ,Should,nt you guys from uk be watching the footie!!!

16. snowbound

I can't speak for the Brits but some of us Canadians certainly are. ;) :D

Welcome to the forums Betzy. :)

snowbound

17. rayoflight

rayoflight Registered Member

Hello,I'm Serge from Dead Sea,Israel.
    Nice to meet you,guys:)

18. snowbound

Right back at ya Serge. :D

Hope you're enjoying the place. :)

snowbound

19. Lorelei

Lorelei Registered Member

Winnipeg (pop. >600,000) in the province of Manitoba, Canada. For my southern cousins who may not know where that is, find Fargo, North Dakota on a map and look up.

20. snowbound

Always nice to see another Canadian here at Wilders. :)

And a Winnipeger at that. :cool:

Welcome Lorelei. :D

snowbound

21. hawk62

hawk62 Registered Member

I live in Thunder Bay,Ontario,Canada, poplulation just over 100,000 people.Located on northwest shore of Lake Superior which is part of the Great Lakes.Lumber mills closing because of softwood lumber dispute with U.S, however, if you're a fishing enthusiast, there are 100's of lakes close by to fish, relax, and unwind. Hawk62

22. dog

dog Guest

Welcome Hawk,

I like Snowbound am from Ontario also ... Welcome to Wilders. ;) T-Bay is a beautiful place to live. :cool:

Steve

23. DavidLennartz

DavidLennartz Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to forums of this sort mostly I participated in BBS communities a long time ago
    Anyway I am interested in many aspects of computer security and in particular NOD32 (I use it and like it thus far)...Acronis backup up programs (new to that one) and also wi fi and pdas.

I am a biologist by training and experience, and teach, do research and management (as dept chair) at a small lineral arts university in California....My particular research focuses on soil protozoa though I am trained in a variety of other biological disciplines as well.....

I am learning about digital photography (Nikon Coolpix 4500 used with microscopes in particular) and tablet PCs ...still getting the hang of the handwriting recog. aspects of these!....

Anyway, enough for now....
    David Lennartz

24. Oleksandr Rabadanov

Oleksandr Rabadanov Registered Member

I'm from Russia, but live in Toronto, Canada now.
    So Hello everyone.

25. Z-Man

Z-Man Registered Member

Another NOD32 User! :thumb: :thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.