Where does it stop

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Shankle, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shankle

Shankle Registered Member

I have and keep up to date Eset Smart Security and never have any problems. I also run Ccleaner 45,000 time a day.
    Now when I read here I need to spend at least another $60 to prevent intrusion on top of Esets SS. H.I.P.S. cost $30 and I suppose Sandboxie cost $30. I personally think Sandboxie would be a royal pain. The things I do write to the hard drive constantly. There is a whole plethora of other programs recommended here. Which would cost an additional how many $. Also all this would bog down the Puter.
    It has been my experience that people use what they started with and recommend it to others without during an exhaustive study of other programs on the market.

2. HURST

HURST Registered Member

You don't HAVE to use anything.
    People recommend products because they are satisfied with it. I would recommend SBIE, but I would never say you NEED it.
    Also, they are a lot of free alternatives, some of them VERY good.

It stops where you decide it should stop. And for determining that, you must know your infection chances, the possible infection vectors and understand how differente security works. This will make you able to build the best armor for you.

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Most computer users fall into this category. The majority of PC users are not program or system testers and comparison users. Unless they experience a security breach or massive system slowdown, they most likely will stay put with what is already on the computer. That is why some systems are out of date and not updated as well. :eek:
    If you become too inundated with every new program offering that comes out, you won't have any time to do anything else on the computer. o_O

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

You don't need to spend another penny if you don't want to, you can get by just fine with freeware. I've set many of my friends up with free products and they do fine.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I'd just go with ESS and leave it at that. Personally I just have EAV 3.0 and my router after slimming down a few years ago.:isay: Keep in mind though that a lot of people just fart around with security products for fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.