Where do I ask for help for checking F.P's

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by apache, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apache

apache Registered Member

I am using NOD 32 anti virus and for the first time it came up with a threat warning. I checked out this forum to find out what I needed to do and if it was a threat or not and I was confused by the replies. One suggestion was to forward an e-mail to 'support', but I couldn't find the address, I found an email address but this was for updates rather than technical support , another was to 'submit for analysis' but that due to the volume that you receive it may take a while and a reply may not be forthcoming.

I would appreciate a definitive answer and even better a 'link' that I could use for any future problems - hopefully never to be used - but better to be prepared.

Many Thanks .

2. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

3. apache

apache Registered Member

Kc - thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried to upload as suggested , and the reply is that 0 bytes were uploaded and the firewall or malware programme is stopping the upload. I will try later.

But at least I know where to go to have it checked.

4. Fixer

Fixer Registered Member

Just send e-mail to: samples@eset.com with subject "Possible false positive", with attached file and short description.

5. apache

apache Registered Member

To Fixer -

Brill , just what I wanted to know, having sent the e-mail , will I receive a reply?

6. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

You usually do for a false positive, but don't expect one over the weekend.

7. apache

apache Registered Member

I have been thinking about this and I don't think I have quite got this right.

Because I am just copying and pasting the line on the log file that is highlighted as a possible threat this is the reason I am getting the '0 bytes sent' reply.

Should I be copying the whole log file and forwarding this ?

If someone has the time , can they explain exactly how and what I should be forwarding to the 'sample' people.

many thanks .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.