Where can I find those free, completely legal MP3 downloads?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by HandsOff, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I know this is the height of wishful thinking, but, is there such a thing?

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Free, completely legal...yes, In the afterlife :D

3. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

;) free for a price..

Attached Files:

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

free mp3 legal downloads here

5. HandsOff

Don't tell me Firecat and Primrose are to cynical even to a look and explore a new world of possibilities.

"Ask and you shall receive!"

"Seek and you will find!"

"Behold, the the turtle, who only makes progress when he stills his neck out!"

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Well I dont get the artists I like for the free ones so I dont use those services :(

7. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

8. AXIS

AXIS Registered Member

hi mate
    i went there but it iz not up-to-date
    i just tried 2 find eminems new one 'mocking bird' ...they havent got it
    needless 2 say it iz more classical and outdated :D
    legal free mp3 iz hardly found these days
    and using torrent iz a high risk 4 server iznt it....
    cheers
    AXIS

9. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

using torrent to get unlicensed music is as bad as P2P

10. dog

dog Guest

That does depend on the laws of the country in which you are resident. In Canada, for example this is a completely legal act, as we pay a levy or ALL recordable media (HHD, CD/DVDs, Flash, VHS/Casette, absolutely everything), which is distributed to the various industries (ie music/movies - but does not apply to software of any kind), so in fact we pay for it regardless. This is the solution those industries sought and got, but now they seek to have their cake and eat it to. While I certainly don't agree with piracy of any kind, and there surely is better solution some where, those two industries certainly won't guide us to what's just; only to what serves them better. They have unfortunately priced themselves out of the market, and consumers don't need too much incentive to circumvent the rules. It's a sad state, but it is what it is. :doubt: The debate will certainly rage on. Eventually, if consumers don't buy products, there won't be anything on the selves to buy or steal.

It's a quagmire for sure.

Steve

11. HandsOff

From the standpoint of risk of computer being infected with malware, the risk of being prosecuted, or the risk of going to hell? Please elaborate. I don't know anything about bit torrent, although it appears that some freeware distributers are experimenting with it.

- HandsOff

(I forgot to include the risk of downloading classical music to the list)

12. HandsOff

Dog-

This is probly not relevent, but it still fries my bacon. I hate when the damn technology of the recordings change and you are more or less forced to dump your music collection and buy a new medium.

I tossed all my vinyl records.
    I tossed all my audio cassettes.
    I tossed all my video cassettes.

so I'm sitting here listening to CD's when I hear about SACD, and DVD-audio.

Okay, i have a compatable dvd player so I run out and get a couple of albums. Wow the qualitiy of the audio is amazing, but the disks cost even more than CD's. I, and probably a lot of other people are saying...hold on, i'm not buying these yet again. Combine that with the fact that if copying a CD bothers them, how much do you think the industry wants to put out a far superior sounding product that can be copied? It's too bad that many, if not most people, will never even hear what we are missing out on. Sound so good you'd have to have a serious hearing problem not to instantly recognize the difference! There a few I might buy if available, but i'm not holding my breath!

I've not had a chance to listen to SACD. I imagine they are good, but sony does have a way of exaggerating new technologies they come up with. Anyone compared SACD to CD and DVD-Audio?

- HandsOff

13. dog

dog Guest

I certainly agree with you. ;) This industry in particular is a mess. It's something that won't be addressed over-night and quite possibly never. Some serious thought needs to be focus on completely rewriting the books, to both protect the consumer, and the artists / industry. It's all the more difficult now because the music industry choose not to be involved with newly available technologies as they began. They've also created an adversely relationship between the parties, where there isn't much love or trust. So there isn't any kind of starting point, it's truly sad.

14. AXIS

AXIS Registered Member

if u want 2 use torrent ...u must use a trustful firewall..and maintain the port of it ...and close the port just after u finished the download..then u will see how many ping u got from torrent holders...ur firewall will show tht...
    well i use torrent 2 get my missed football matches..
    u may have a look at it.. www.fbtz.com
    there are many torrent programs....i use bit sprit ..
    it got some settings like u can cheak errors with it ...use ur antivirus in it
    and more...
    and after all it iz safe :D
    if u use it with firewall
    regards
    AXIS

15. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

you know something? you can configure your router/firewall to simply block all incoming pings. Easy.
    Don't remember if torrents work after that.

16. AXIS

AXIS Registered Member

yeh i know
    i just get bored...there so much incoming connection alert just after i block the bitsprit in kerio...
    i just do a simple thing after it
    guess wht it is
    i just get disconnected from net and connect again after a while
    so they lost my ip
    howz that
    AXIS

17. BeetleBoss

BeetleBoss She who posts lots of <I>Smileys</I>

18. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

19. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

How can you put the likes of Primal Scream and Eminem etc., etc., in the same sentence and context as the word Music??.....Surely that has to be a contradiction in terms....... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cochise, :cool:

20. HandsOff

Personally, I favor ancient rock clacking music, but it isn't always easy to find.

You can hear some classical rock clacking in The Cars song "Since You're Gone"

You can't beat a couple spheroidal pieces of granite.

-HandsOff

21. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I've always said, if ya can't whistle it then it ain't music......... :D

Cochise, :cool:

22. I think public enermy or egleast chuck D released a whole album for free to download on there website. Isaw it on a program about them so you could check there. Usuauly go to the bands website or there record label and get what i can for free there or iother music sites. www.purevolume.com, the music section on download.com that is surprisingly good they have 3 atreyu tracks up there www.roadrunnerrecords.com have quite alot. Most artists you can get one or two songs by in my experiances.

lycos have an mp3 search engine http://www.music.lycos.com/ wehtre it still works i duno another is www.emp3finder.com not sure wether thats still up.

23. oh i forgot to say arnt there also tools you can get that allow you to record streaming music. If your on broadband you could sue that. It may not be at cd quality but you cant knock it if its free. I dun oif the software is fre eor not i know you can get it for winamp and things.

24. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

you can use/get - streamripper32, RipCast Streaming Audio Ripper and StationRipper. and i think you are right there are some plugins you can get - Winamp etc. but, i don't think they are legal; your IP can be reported to your ISP.

did anyone try?
    http://search.singingfish.com/sfw/home.jsp
    it is brilliant, the very first search i did was for "little fluffy clouds" and the version i wanted was, i think second in the results and i played it straight away :)

25. HandsOff

Hello Ms. Iceni-

Very good ideal! I never even thought of that. I am so put off by advertising that the first thing I did when I installed comcast was to uninstall all the services, and delete all the bookmarks and radio buttons. More than likely it is even relatively free of advertizing.

Oh yeah, I was going to say: Illegal? How could it be illegal to own a piece of audio software. And how could my ISP possible tell if I were recording. The audio streams to everyone tuned in, but that doesn't mean they are recording. Maybe if you were doing through your browser plugin they could tell, but there are much better ways to record anyways that would be through sound card or bridge.

Anyway I'm sure the RIAA goons are happy if they have a fresh batch of grandmothers and schoolkids to sue.

-HandsOff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.