Where can I download BOClean?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Microtao, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microtao

Microtao Registered Member

Hi,
    Where can I download the trial version of BOClean ?
    I hear nothing but good things about BOClean from all forums I fly in. I want to try it, but I don't know where download it.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

there isn't a trial verison, but their is a money back guarantee. Great program.

http://www.nsclean.com/boclean.html

3. Microtao

Microtao Registered Member

Thanks, NAMOR

money-back guarantee, yum-yum, great.
    buy it now!

4. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

I had planned on going with boclean ,but i can't stand a company that makes you buy the software just to try it out.Then if you want a refund you have to remeber to watch your credit card statements and see if you have gooten the refund back.

Sorry ,but too much work just to try a program out.I purchased ewido instead.But im wondering about them now.

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

I have posted this long ago, but I will try to post something about it again.

PSC, the company from Nancy and Kevin, is most definitely a very nice and honest company.
    There cannot be any doubt about that !!!!!

I use, and bought, BOClean and IEClean.
    Very nice programs !
    (yes, I have other AT programs too; that is no secret for those who know me).

A little story from the past:
    Once I bought the upgrade from IEClean version 5 to version 6.
    Simply due to my own fault I thought that IEClean version 6 was not acting right on my system.
    So I asked a refund for that upgrade.
    Within a few hours I got a confirmation from both Nancy and Digital River.
    And I DID get my refund !!!

Two days later I realized that it was all my own fault.
    Kevin and Nancy did help me !!!!!

Three days later I bought again the IEClean upgrade :D
    And I have never regretted that I did so !!!!! :D

Bottom line:
    PSC is a very great and honest company.
    In case you have questions about BOClean/IEClean/NSClean/FileVac :
    please don't hesitate to post them here or at the PSC-forums at Gladiator or Mickey-the-Man.
    A little side-note: usually PSC prefers to give support by email. And I can garantee you that they DO give support :D ;)

Cheers, Jan.

6. muf

muf Registered Member

I have to concur that BOClean as a product and PSC(Kevin & Nancy) as a company are ultra professionals. I had a few problems when first using BOClean. I e-mailed them and within hours had Kevin come back asking me to run a program and sending him the log. Then shortly after he suggested what the problem was and i tried the remedy he suggested and it worked. I have also sent a number of suspect files to them along with other vendors, and without exaggeration they responded the soonest. Usually within a couple of hours. BOClean is updated daily, sometimes more than once per day. It uses very little resources, just set and forget. I have never known anyone to have dispute with them over refunds. But at the same time, i have never known anyone to want a refund!!! They are in my opinion, very trustworthy and if you spend your money on it, you will not regret it. I also have Trojanhunter which is also excellent, but i would still say BOClean is the better of the two. I use BOClean for resident protection, and Trojanhunter for on-demand scans.

muf

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

BoCleans email support is excellent. :D

8. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Yes, BOClean support is very professional. I did go ahead and purchased the product and have received excellent service from Kevin and Nancy. It is running on my machine right now. Just a bit of added comfort and I think the product is well worth it.

Rich

9. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I concur.Boclean is a great programme and is updated daily.It is one of the few that i woulnt be without.Initially when i bought it i thought mmm wheres the gui and bells and whistles.However from using it over the last year or so , it has grown to be my number one trojan defence and indeed has saved where others have failed.
    ellison

10. azumi21

azumi21 Registered Member

11. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fellow Creatures,
    I completely agree and have my own story to tell but, am very tired. thought I would just fly by the Wilder Forest for a quick look. I see a good thread here going on my favorite security software. Very true PSC honesty great company. You just can not go wrong adding BO (BOW) to your firewall and AV. Support: I have found NONE better. :D BoClean=Trojan Defense. ;)

12. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi all,

As I have said, I totally agree that BOClean is a great product backed by a great company. Same can be said for TrojanHunter. I prefer BOClean in the background because it has less compatibility problems than TrojanHunter. When push comes to shove and I really want to make sure my system is clean, O call on TDS-3 and Kaspersky for the final on-demand check. I do not run these products in the background because of resource usage, but they find nastiies that the others miss. So I have all of them, and for piece of mind - and to save me the trouble of restoring full systems, I keep them all in my little AV/AT drawer. All are terrific companies and I want them to be around in the future.

Rich

13. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Has anyone gotten BOClean from CompUSA and is it the latest version? The website says that their downloads may not be the latest version.

14. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Well the latest version is 4.11, which is what compusa say they are selling, so you should be ok. :)

15. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I went with the CompUSA download a month of so ago - can't beat the price. It's current.

Blue

16. ronny

ronny Registered Member

I must say: i wish that the support of other softwarecompanies was as excellent as the support of BoClean ( and yes also TDS-3, Trojan Hunter, Ewido, TrojanRemover) is.
    It is a pleasure to buy things from companies like that. :D

I could NOT say this from companies as Microsoft, MSN, ZoneAlarm to name a few :mad:
    I had problems with XP, and guess what they said: no support for OEM, even when i said i wanted to pay for it. On top of it, it was their fault (something wrong with their program).
    Same with MSN Gaming Zone (although i must say that the support of the MSNMessenger is better)

I had many problems with the Zonealarm 5 suite on several computers (i had bought more than 1 license!) and emailed that.I have never got a reply but i DID get spam from Zonealarm for buying other things from them (even the Zonealarm suite , which i already had bought :( )

But as i said the support of Boclean is great.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  17. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

For those who ordered from CompUSA, how long after payment did you get the download instructions? They seem slower than normal. :doubt:

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

You know how much a company cares about their product by the level of support they provide for their customers.

19. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

comp usa?

i never heard of such a thing i thought you could only get boclean from there website not from anywhere else

20. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

i know they came here a few times and posted to help me with my problems

and they dont even go to this bord

so basicly they went out of there way to come here and help me out when i needed it

21. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

At I recall it was an hour or so, and the e-mails I have on hand confirm that rough timing. Definitely not the almost immediate response of element5, but not inordinately slow either.

Blue

22. muf

muf Registered Member

Take in consideration that it is the weekend as well. You may not get your instructions and confirmation until Monday. This is only an assumption. But i had the same when i purchased DiamondCS wormguard on a saturday. Didn't get my key file until the Monday.

muf

23. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

It was downloaded by this morning, did the update and all is well. The only changes I made were to check for updates every 6 hours beginning 2 minutes after bootup and update silently.

24. muf

muf Registered Member

Excellent. If you want to test it out then try testing it on leaktest. It will show you how good it does it's 'thing'. :)

Just download and run it from here.
    http://grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm

muf

25. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

It did it's thing quite well.

LEAKTEST 1.2 *DEMO* TROJAN VARIANT STOPPED!

This trojan horse program was found on your machine.
    It has been shut down, but the FILE from which it
    started still remains and can be started up again.

Do you want the file removed also?

The icon turned bright red until I removed it.

After I removed it, the following came up from WinPatrol:

A NEW STARTUP SETTING HAS BEEN DETECTED.
    This program is listed in your WIN.INI file and will run each time you restart your machine.

Do you approve the addition of this program startup setting?

Another from WinPatrol:

Scotty the Windows Watchdog is on Patrol and has detected a change to one of your file type associations.

The program currently associated with this file type is: refers to NOTEPAD.EXE %1 (one refers to .log and the other .text files).

I guess I can OK all of these, correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.