where are the upgrades ??

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by karl smith, Aug 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karl smith

karl smith Guest

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Why do you want any

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Karl, Are you referring to the next version of WormGuard i.e. WG4? If so this is still in development as is TDS4 - No release date stated for either as yet.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Karl,
    in this thread Tassie_Devils posted a row of suggested files you might like to add to the list on the right in WG to be blocked.
    It's no use to add f.e. a worm name as it doesn't look for that, it looks for code and other ways to decide to block or not to block a file.
    Recently i tried to run a file when i wanted to d/l an mp3 from what i thought a real trusted site, but WG refused to let me run it, when i really wanted to run it it was TDS (exec protection) refusing it and blocking the way.
    A scan on the file showed it was a nasty downloader, so even though the name of the file was not in the blocked list it was blocked in all ways, while it was an exe with a normal sounding name. Bad case: every download is scanned with other AV/AT programs and those didn't alarm in any way!
    So i'm happy with WG and TDS, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.