where are some available english dictionarys available for opendict?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mustachio, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustachio

Mustachio Guest

I went through looking for a dictionary that is like the one included with windows 98, I downloaded opendict but it didn't include any dictionary librarys or whatever so, and i went to see available dictionarys from their server and all there is was translations dictionarys, what i want is an english dictionary that tells me the english definations of the words, so i can view the diffenations of my harddrive, kind of like the dictionary that was included in windows 98.. can the dictionary that was included in my win 98 disk work on windows xp?

2. Snowie

Snowie Guest

http://www.sequencepublishing.com/thesage.html

TheSage's English Dictionary and Thesaurus

TheSage's English Dictionary and Thesaurus is a professional software package that integrates a complete dictionary and a multifaceted thesaurus of the English language into a single and powerful language reference system.

3. Mustachio

Mustachio Guest

thanks! and its free.. :D do you know how often do they update definations? :cool:

4. Snowie

Snowie Guest

Mustachio

You are welcome. No, sorry, I have no idea about the update question......perhaps you could check the website from time to time.

Regards

Snowie The Snowman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.