When will Nod32 scan imap emails?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by softtouch, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

Is there the possibility that nod32 will scan in the future also imap emails like kav does?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you use Microsoft Outlook, EMON will scan email regardless of the protocol used. ESS / ESET NOD32 Antivirus will have a scanner plugin for Outlook Express later as well which means that email received via IMAP or POP3s in Outlook Express will be scanned as well.

3. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

Ah, thats great to hear! I am using Outlook. Thanks for the quick answer.

4. GideonD

GideonD Registered Member

I'm waiting for better Thunderbird support. Outlook gives too many lockups with IMAP. Thunderbird is smooth as can be with it.

5. Pfredd

Pfredd Registered Member

I am also a Thunderbird user and would love to see NOD32 do IMAP scanning as well.

With GMail now supporting IMAP connections, I think the need for IMAP protocol scanning is even more important.

6. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Marcos,
    Thank you for this reply.:thumb: Can you suggest/talk to why ESET is so focused on MS Outlook?:doubt:
    For many years (past) I have been advised NOT to use Outlook. I do not use Outlook. I use Eudora. I do not ask for a special path/patch for Eudora. For the present, everything works just fine with the level of ESET code I use (v2.70.39).:thumb: Just wondering.
    Thank you for having the grumbahs to put up with all our questions........:D

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Because MS Outlook is part of Microsoft's Office pack and along with OE/WLM is the most used mail client all over the world

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

MS Outlook supports MAPI for communicating with AV programs, it's far easier than implementing IMAP support at a lower level.

With ESS/EAV, the plugin support is extended to Outlook Express / Windows Mail so the email received will be scanned regardless of the protocol used. We plan to extend mail client support in one of the future versions of ESS/EAV.

9. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Marcos,
    Thank you for your reply. In any case, your reply and that of HighTechBoy do make a lot of sense when I think of the bigger picture.

I have no issue with this even though I have chosen not to use Outlook or Outlook Express for email. For now, in ESET I trust........;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.