When will Acronis release a *working* version of TI9?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Lauchlan Mackinnon, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lauchlan Mackinnon

Lauchlan Mackinnon Registered Member

Attn: Acronis management

Look, it's beyond a joke.

I ordered the TI9 upgrade, from TI8.

It didn't work.

I patiently waited for updates and downloaded three further builds - each of them 40MB downloads, downloaded on dial-up.

It still doesn't work.

When I say it doesn't work, I don't mean there's a little inconvenience somewhere, I mean it doesn't do the basic functionality of backing up a partition. It whirs away and thinks it makes a copy, but when I verify it it tells me

"operation with partition "0-0" was terminated. Details | Image corrupted (ox 70020)"

Get your act together, fix the software, and let me know when you have a version that works.

I would have upgraded Disk Director but there's next to no chance of that at present.

Thank you.

Lauchlan Mackinnon

Last edited: Nov 20, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Lauchlan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please clarify whether you create an image in Windows or in rescue mode?
    Please also let us know where the backups are saved to.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread.

We will do our best in order to resolve the problem under consideration as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. inutil

inutil Registered Member

I had this problem too and I was feeling is driving me crazy, but finaly I found what is hapening.

Before to tell you how to rezolve that I ask you to excuse my poor english; I hope you will understand what I am trying to tell you.

This error apear becose there is 2 or more files with the same name in the same folder (directory). Usualy Java is doing that - creating 2 files '' Java Runtime Environment 1.5.0 '' ( 1.5.0 is the version number of Java Software ) in '' C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files '' ( C in this example is system partition I was trying to make an Image getting all the time the same error like you when I wanted to verify the Image ).

So you have to delete one or more of this identical files ( copy them first in another location for backup ) - depending how many identical copy's of the same file there are, and to let just one copy.

Then make a right click on the file and choose update.
    That's all.

If this is not your case then search for duplicate files who share the same folder or subfolder and do the same.

Be very very carefull what files you will delete ( copy them first in a safe location).

Succes!

Acronis Error 70020.

4. Gonzales

Gonzales Registered Member

@inutil

I have exactly the same error.

But it is not possible in Windows to have two files with identical names in a folder, isn't it!?

thx

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I find this very strange. Just how do you get two files in the same folder with exactly the same name? I would be running chkdsk C: /r to see if there are bad file pointers or some other corruption in the file system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.