When was the last Spyware Guard updates?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Holly3278, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly3278

Holly3278 Registered Member

Hi everyone. I recently formatted my computer and so I downloaded and installed Spyware Guard again. I just updated it about 15 minutes ago and the definitions are dated for 1/22/04. These definitions seem a bit old to me but it isn't detecting any newer updates. So I'm just curious, do I have the latest updates or is there something wrong with my Spyware Guard? I have version 2.2 by the way.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

That is the correct date of the last definitions update. Some of this was recently explained here.

3. Holly3278

Alright, thanks a lot Detox!

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Oops - edited while you were replying - be sure to check the link in my last post ;)

5. Holly3278

Ah that's ok. :) I wish I had noticed that in the "product description" before I downloaded it. If I had, I wouldn't have had to ask the question but thanks anyway!

6. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi Holly,

Your 1/22/04 is fine and right up to date. Elsewhere here (someone else can give you a link, I'm too lazy to find it) there's an excellent explanation of why SG updates are quite far apart as compared with, say, a-v products -- essentially SG relies heavily on heuristics protection rather than specific signatures, so doesn't need definitions updates as such.

And updates are far enough apart that I imagine Javacool at least thinks about throwing in program upgrades at the same time.

Best,
    Mike

Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
  7. Holly3278

Hey Mike! Thanks for the info. I was already informed but thanks anyway. I'm rather new to these forums but I've been on techguy.org for quite a while if you've ever been around there. Nice to meet you and I look forward to posting with you here in the future. As a networker, this forum could really come in handy. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.