When to Use BartPe and SafeMedia plugins?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by capatt, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capatt

capatt Registered Member

Hello
    I've just upgraded from TI Home 10 to v11. Now that there are the BartPe and SafeMedia plugins available, I'm wondering what purpose they serve and under what circumstances these would be useful. I don't recall these being necessary for TI 10.

Should I get these?

Thank you!

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

AFAIK, Safe media is an add-on that provides the Safe mode functionality that was automatically included in the rescue CDs created by TI10 and earlier. If you didn't need Safe mode then, you shouldn't need it now. It doesn't provide any functionality over the normal recovery mode; in fact it provides less such as no USB, Firewire, network support.

BartPE is a plugin, when built into a BartPE CD by you, that provides the functionality of the TI rescue CD but running in a Windows rather than the TI Linux rescue environment. Some hardware is not well-supported by the Linux version so the BartPE variant may correct the problem. If the TI rescue CD boots and runs well on your system you don't need the BartPE material.

To be more direct, you don't need them. If you want, you could download them and just put them aside for the day you might want them for some obscure reason. I do that with BIOS updates for PCs that are running well at the present time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.