When it comes to computers!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pugmug, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Why are most users hard on hardware and soft on software?What I am asking is if you buy hardware and it will not work correctly,you send it back for a new one or get a refund.Software may or may not work yet we fight with it to work out so called BUGS.Why, I wonder.

2. besafe

besafe Registered Member

I think it is because we have been conditioned to think like this.

1. Our PC's and hardware just tend to work right out of the box, flawlessly. By definition, a piece of hardware should perform a function over and over and over without fault.

2. Software is almost never 100% right. With each release, the coders tend to fix one set of problems and create new ones. I think we have come to expect this over time because this just seems to be the way it is.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I treat 'em both the same pretty much.... if I try software or hardware and it has issues, I dump either pretty quickly and move on to something else. I guess I have had my days of working with software and bugs, and now I am pretty much at the zero tolerance point with most of it. Either it does what I want without too much annoyance, or I part ways with it.

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Kerodo somes it up in sig.If it aint broke its not tweaked enough.:D

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

:D :D

6. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

I agree with the post shown here so far.It seems no one wants to be a nuts and bolts hardware person yet all fancy themself a computer programmer/code wrighter for software,lol.

7. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Some of us were programmers at one time....

8. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

With the sorry state of software doing as it states it should, I think I would go the nuts and bolts way,myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.