When does V4 come out???

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by eezdva, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motherroad

Motherroad Registered Member

I agree. Do not care about the installer. I want protection and cleaning. More important right now to keep up with all the crap that is coming out every day.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

When you compared Symantec Norton Internet Security 2009, did you manually set a Restore Point and add the time to do this in your comparison? See this entry in ESET's blog for more information.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. s4u

s4u Registered Member

Thanks Aryeh. Very interesting read

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

That blog pretty much defines win, /pat symantec.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Very interesting. I would have never thought of them bypassing System Restore. Just one more thing that makes me happy I switched years ago.

I don't care how long the ESS installer takes (within reason of course, but it's not like it takes an hour). I don't care about install time, memory usage, or disk space. I just want a great working product. :thumb:

6. Xophile

Xophile Registered Member

proactivelover:

Are you serious?

I have been working with computers forever and if it's one software that takes ridiculous amount of time to install/uninstall it is the Symantec products. On so many machines you actually can't uninstall their products 100%. Symantec should really be ashamed of themselves for making such crappy products and fooling families and not so-tech-interested people to pay money for their crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.