When does P 10 Restore by files or Restore whole partition

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by swerdna, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swerdna

swerdna Registered Member

I have Paragon Backup & Recovery Suite 10.

I have a partition that was generated on a drive different from the drive that I'm trying to restore to. I'm trying to write the partition to the target drive but it insists on writing the filesystem instead. It takes a very long time to restore the filesystem file by file as compared to a restoration by writing the partition.

Why is the software choosing the long way when I want it to use the short way?

Thanks
    swerdna

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

From what I understand, the original partition(s) you backed up, was larger than the destination partition you're restoring to.

For instance, if your original hard drive was 80GB with a single partition that's 80GB and you restore that same 80GB partition to a smaller hard drive, the program is required to do a file-level restore.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  3. swerdna

swerdna Registered Member

Of course. Than you for the clear explanation. It worked fine in file mode too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.