what's wrong with Prevx?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by myoshi, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myoshi

myoshi Registered Member

I'm unable to launch some popular applications with Prevx real time protection enabled.After booting up( and the time here is a variable- between 5- 60 minutes) I can't open Microsoft Word, Windows Media Player and some other programs.The Task Manager shows that processes combined with these applications are running, yet applications are frozen. Microsoft Word is not responding and Windows Media Player doesn't even show up its GUI.At first I thought it was Prevx SafeOnline fault, so I switch it off.However it turned out that problem still persists and I guess it happens each time prevx real protection is on.I'm running KIS 2010 and Zemana Antilogger alongside and I'm afraid it might be serious compatibility issue here.I've never had such problems on my computer before.And one more thing, regarding KIS 2010, I can confirm that prevx doesn't load properly after booting and there is no icon in the system tray, although it is rare.

P.S I'm running Vista 32bit.

2. markusg

markusg Registered Member

can you tell us your prevx version please?
    do the following.
    start a prevx scan.
    right klick the prevx symbol in the tray, tools and safe log.
    this log send to prevx:
    report@prevxresearch.com
    discribe your problem in the mail.
    also send the topic link.

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

kis 2010 doesnt run with any other security software on this pc without problems/ slowdown. kaspersky even advised i disabled defender! part of the operating system.
    i really coudn't imagine running 2 other software with it.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

As markusg has said, it would be very useful to get a scan log :)

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.