What's wrong with Eset support team ? they never reply that's so annoying !!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Najem1992, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Najem1992

Najem1992 Registered Member

What's wrong with the technical support ?! they don't response or even do action !!!

hi everyone
    I am sure you all know that Eset is the best security program ever !
    but the problem is with the support team when you send a dangerous undetected virus they don't reply at all even though it was sent the same way as mentioned ontheir website at least they should make an automated message so that the user could know that it was recieved
    and also they should make updates every 1 hour like other security companies ! not randomly . today is 3\5\2009 and the latest update is 1\5\2009
    what's is that ?

unlike other companies for example Kaspersky or Avira they reply in 12 hours or less and they immediately add it to next hour update

so could any one please do something about that ? it is really important !!

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  2. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

A new version of the virus database every hour? Nobody does that. It doesn't matter if you've got your Scheduler set up to check for updates every 10 minutes or every 10 hours. There's no way any AV/Security suite could have a brand new version of any virus/spyware/malware database every hour that contains all of the latest up-to-the-minute virus/spyware/malware discoveries. You're asking the impossible.

ESET usually doesn't issue new updates Saturdays or Sundays unless they are very critical. They need weekends off too. I'm sure if there were some highly critical updates that needed to get out they would come in on a Saturday to set them up on the update server.

3. Najem1992

no man there are people who do this , Norton does that doesn't it ? and also avira and kaspersky !
    and what I mean is that they issue new updates every hour but
    of course these updates only contains new viruses which are submitted by users each day

well this is convincing ... but why do other security companies issue new updates everyday !?

4. Reo

Reo Registered Member

It use to be that many others did not offer updates every day...they would offer them either every week or every two weeks as an update if you were lucky. If you wanted daily updates or weakly or whatever their range was.....you had to go to their sites and dwld the file and do a manual install. That’s if you knew that such manual updates existed...many folks didn’t. I have been using Nod for close to ten years now with never a glitch. In fact when the stealth root viruses first started to appear I was doing a consulting gig and the clients’ mainframe and many PCs’ and LTs’ were hit hard. They used my Laptop to scan and clear their servers.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

if you need updates every hour then, your products heuristic ability sucks. Not mine.;)

6. DarrenDavisLeeSome

I think that is a misconception. Just because Norton, Kas, or Avira may OFFER updates every hour (depends on how often their software is scheduled to look for updates), doesn't mean they're actually available for download.

I remember that with Norton AV. They would offer them weekly if you had LiveUpdate automatically setup to just notify. But at least you could use LiveUpdate to go look for and/or install updates instead of having to go to a website to look for and download.

7. Najem1992

no the heuristics and the advanced heuristics are really great and powerful but some viruses are not detected by heuristics !

8. Najem1992

you still haven't understood me yet !

if I send a a new undetected virus to Avria or Kaspersky they will reply and thank your
    for your help and after few hours they will put it in an update and issue it

unlike Eset unfortunately if you send a new undetected virus to them they won't reply until 3 or 4 days without even replying they just put it in an update

I love Eset Smart Security v4.0 and I'll never stop using it and I always recommend everyone in my country and my friends on the internet to use it
    and I really really believe it is the best but all what I wanted is that the technical support should be better

9. DarrenDavisLeeSome

I'm really sorry. I totally understand what you are saying. I just don't know how to respond to it. I've never even had a undetected or unknown virus picked up with ESS yet to have to submit it to ESET, only been using it since September of last year. The last time I even contracted any type of infection was about 3 years ago using Norton AV.

10. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Norton 2009 is several per hour minimum.
    http://www.av-test.org/index.php?menue=7&lang=0&program=symantec2009

Kaspersky is hourly
    http://www.av-test.org/index.php?menue=7&lang=0&program=kaspersky

11. DarrenDavisLeeSome

I'm not buying it.

Just because they're "updating" it doesn't mean they're really updating it. Knowing what a bunch of sheisters the people at Symantec are they could be doing just about anything, but not actually updating any Antivirus/Spyware/Malware defs. Just re-arranging a handful of file names, renaming this, renaming that. Just a smoke screen to make people think they're really getting their money's worth. Symantec will do anything to keep on top and to salvage their reputation.

I've got no shame in slamming Symantec. They screwwed me over big time a few years back and I'm going to curse them till the day I die.

Granted that I used Kaspersky just for a short trial run I found their suite almost as bad as Norton's. I remember using it less than 2 weeks before I decided to get rid of it. I'm not buying anything anybody has to say about them either.

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

13. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Re: What's wrong with the technical support ?! they don't response or even do action !!!

That's impossible, just the compilation and testing takes at least 1-2 hours. If we were to do that, it would mean: 1, much less added signatures and thus worse detection, 2, higher probability of reporting serious FP. It's easy to make a statement, but until you know how things actually work it's just your personal opinion that may be completely wrong.

14. Najem1992

Re: What's wrong with the technical support ?! they don't response or even do action !!!

thank you very much Mr.Marcos for clearing things out
    but please make the support team reply faster or make an automated message
    so that users know that their emails were received and also make them put it in update
    in the same day if possible
    and thanks again for explaining how things work

Last edited: May 4, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.