what's up with runtime error '5'??

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by daefrageu, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daefrageu

daefrageu Guest

runtime error '5' keeps popping up on spywareguard.. how can i shut it upo_O please!!!!! ..I'm running winxp pro. tnx

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Have you tried Installing Visual Basic 6.0 SP5? http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp5/WIN98Me/EN-US/vbrun60sp5.exe

3. daefrageu

daefrageu Guest

i don't need/use VB. The error occured after i ran AdAware w/c removed some browser hijacking thingies.. Do you think that's the problem??

4. Phant0m

It's possible, have you tried Uninstalling Spywareguard and re-booting and then Re-install Spywareguard and re-boot... Then try out Spywareguard, if she works then use Ad-Aware again and figure out what should be excluded (Ignored) from now on to prevent such a thing from occurring in the future...

5. daefrageu

daefrageu Guest

i did the reinstall procedure, nothin changed. Is it the end of spywareguard for me? Too bad, it's a pretty nifty software. :(

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

daefrageu,

Did you have a look at this thread?

regards.

paul

7. daefrageu

daefrageu Guest

Mr. Paul,

But it's Spywareguard I'm having problems with.. Blaster's just workin fine Sir.

8. Paul Wilders

My mistake - apologies!

regards.

paul

9. daefrageu

daefrageu Guest

So got anymore ideas Mr. Paul? Would appreciate so much..

10. Paul Wilders

Just "Paul" will do ;) - "spyware" (programs) are not exactly my forte. Either the software developper or a dedicated staff member will show up and (try to) help you out.

regards.

paul

11. Phant0m

Hey daefrageu

I know this happens because the Dynamic Link Libraries (*.dlls) have not been installed correctly yet, try uninstalling Spywareguard and re-boot. After Windows fully loaded exit out of all 3rd party running processes using “Task Manager” and then try re-installing Spywareguard. And if that doesn’t work try booting up into Safe-Mode and try Installing Spywareguard that way, like mentioned on that page Paul provided us…

12. Phant0m

And for some reason it still fails I recommend Installing VB6 SP5 http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp5/WIN98Me/EN-US/vbrun60sp5.exe (Then Re-installation of Spywareguard)

13. BusNuts.com

BusNuts.com Registered Member

Me too! This error is driving me nuts, has anybody found the defintive answer?

Thanks to all,
    BusNuts.com :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.