What's Up With ESET?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MonkeySlide, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonkeySlide

MonkeySlide Registered Member

I recently purchased a one-year license for the Eset Security Suite and, as expected, my username and password were sent to my email address. However, when I tried to download the software using the username and password given to me, I repeatedly get the "username/password dialog box", asking me to again enter my username and password. Since this occurred repeatedly, I contacted Eset support and asked them what I should do. It has now been 3 days, and still no response. :mad: Oh, and meanwhile, my trial period has ended and I am unable to update my anti-virus definitions.

My question: Is this delay in getting support for Eset products typical? I really dislike companies that sell you their products and then don't offer any support whatsoever. I don't wish to be left out in the cold on my own and so I am now wondering whether it would be better for me to go with security software from another company.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This means that either the username and/or the password are incorrectly entered , or invalid.

Please , make sure you type the correctly ->
    All in English , the username :
    EAV dash eight numbers , example EAV-01234567
    In English , the password , with no capital letters

Clear your browser cache and try again , please , just to make sure it is not on your end.

Another option is to copy/paste them from the email you received .

3. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

If you're typing the Logon data correctly that's more puzzling -hopefully Hi_Tech boy's suggestion works.

It's worth repeating that if you Copy - Paste there is a tendency for the "hi-lighted" area to extend one character space Too Far, & that will be Mis-read as a Wrong ID/Password. Be sure the hi-lighted area ends exactly at the last character's right edge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.