What's Up With ESET?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MonkeySlide, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonkeySlide

MonkeySlide Registered Member

I recently purchased a one-year license for the Eset Security Suite and, as expected, my username and password were sent to my email address. However, when I tried to download the software using the username and password given to me, I repeatedly get the "username/password dialog box", asking me to again enter my username and password. Since this occurred repeatedly, I contacted Eset support and asked them what I should do. It has now been 3 days, and still no response. :mad: Oh, and meanwhile, my trial period has ended and I am unable to update my anti-virus definitions.

My question: Is this delay in getting support for Eset products typical? I really dislike companies that sell you their products and then don't offer any support whatsoever. I don't wish to be left out in the cold on my own and so I am now wondering whether it would be better for me to go with security software from another company.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This means that either the username and/or the password are incorrectly entered , or invalid.

Please , make sure you type the correctly ->
    All in English , the username :
    EAV dash eight numbers , example EAV-01234567
    In English , the password , with no capital letters

Clear your browser cache and try again , please , just to make sure it is not on your end.

Another option is to copy/paste them from the email you received .

3. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

If you're typing the Logon data correctly that's more puzzling -hopefully Hi_Tech boy's suggestion works.

It's worth repeating that if you Copy - Paste there is a tendency for the "hi-lighted" area to extend one character space Too Far, & that will be Mis-read as a Wrong ID/Password. Be sure the hi-lighted area ends exactly at the last character's right edge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.