What's up with AV-Comparatives ??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by acr1965, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

There were to be a couple single product test results released in April. They were still in the "coming soon" category when May rolled around. But now they have disappeared. The February results for McAfee Technology Preview is now listed as "Coming Soon." Have the single product tests been abandoned?

Now, the next round of "Retrospective/ProActive Tests" is to be released sometime this month. What is going on at AV-C? Are they just overwhelmed with projects or is there something else?

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

2. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Might have been a problem with McAfee's """"""New Technology"""""", maybe it isn't ready yet or experienced some serious bugs or something like that.

About the proactive tests, at the home page it says

Comparative results will be available for all officially at those dates:
    1st March and 1st September: comparative results of on-demand detection of virus/malware
    1st June and 1st December: retrospective/proactive test results

Looks like a change in program.

3. IBK

IBK AV Expert

The report about McAfee will be released next week I think. I wanted to re-check something (you will read it in the report) and now the technology has an official final name.

I removed the announcement of the other single product tests because we are in fact busy with the retrospective tests etc. and by announcing the reports peoples just keep asking about when they will be released. So now I say: it's available when it's done/available. :)

The Retrospective/ProActive Tests has always been released officially the 1st June and will be also this time.

P.S.: such questions are usually answered by me within minutes if you write an email to av-comparatives thru the contact form on the website ;)

Last edited: May 10, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.